About this Class
This class will help set you up for breastfeeding success! A certified Lactation Consultant shares what to expect in the first few hours, days and weeks, discusses best practices regarding latching, positioning, schedules, pumping, breastmilk storage and more. A don’t miss for expectant/new parents.
What You'll Learn
- + Latch & comfortable alignment during breastfeeding
- + Various breastfeeding positions
- + How to avoid pain & engorgement
- + Understanding the basics of milk supply & what to expect
- + Common physical & emotional breastfeeding challenges
- + Looking for hunger cues; infant feeding patterns, & growth spurts
- + Recommendations on pumping & storage of breast milk
- + Basic nutrition for breastfeeding mothers
What you get
- + 1 hour online video class
- + Answers to questions from an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
- + Class recording for anytime, anywhere video access
- + Discounted access to work privately with the instructor
- Welcome and overview
- The benefits of breastfeeding for infants and moms
- Why do they call breast milk “liquid gold?”
- Preparing for breastfeeding: What to know
- Getting off to a good start
- Feeding Cues: How to tell if your baby is hungry
- The basics of Milk Production
- A guide to best practices in the first few days and weeks
- What to expect in the first few days and weeks
- Troubleshooting: What to do it Baby is not Latching
- How do you know if baby is getting enough milk?
- Size and volume of newborn baby’s stomach
- What makes for a good latch?
- What impacts breastmilk?
- Mom’s Diet and Milk Production
- How are Substances and Medications passed to Breastmilk?
- Common Challenges in the Early Days of Breastfeeding
- Nipple Soreness and Pain
- Engorged and painful breasts
- Clogged Ducts
- Additional Resources
- Helpful links to know
- Questions from real parents