1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information We Collect About You through the Services:
When you use the Services, we may collect information about you, including:
• Registration details you provide when you create an account, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, zip code, dates of birth or due dates of your children, telephone number, device ID number, birthdate, username, and password.
• Personal information you provide when you use the Services, including content you upload to our website, as well as other information you provide when you access or use the Services and each time you interact with the Services or otherwise with us, for example, when you update your personal information in your app, communicate with us by telephone or e-mail, and download updates.
• Information you provide in public forums through the Services, including using our chat, review, comment, post or similar functionality.
• Information we receive about you from third parties (e.g., if you access the Services through a third-party platform or log-in such as Facebook), we may also collect your e-mail address and other information associated with that third party, and any information you have made public in connection with that service or which the third party shares with partner services). See also Section 6 (“Third Party Websites and Links”) below.
We also use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with the Services. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions, as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve the Services. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.ONLINE TRACKING
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. Like many websites, our website is not designed to respond to such signals, and we do not use or disclose your information in any way that would legally require us to recognize opt-out preference signals. To learn more about “do not track” signals, you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The ways in which we may use your information include the following:
• To provide you with the Services and other services you request.
• To administer your account.
• To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you details or updates about features of the Services or changes to our policies.
• To create anonymized and aggregated data sets that may be used for a variety of functions, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and other functions.
• To personalize content and experiences, including for marketing new products and services to you.
• To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
• To optimize or improve the content, services, and features of the Services.
• To personalize and improve the Services and user experiences, to increase the functionality and user friendliness of the Services, and to deliver content or features that match user profiles or interests.
• To monitor and analyze the Services usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the services.
• To send you offers and promotions for other products and services.
• With your opt-in permission, we may (i) provide you with news and updates about Tinyhood; or (ii) send you surveys to collect feedback about your experience with Tinyhood, in order to improve the Services. You are permitted to opt out of any such communications at any time.
• When you create an account with us, we collect certain information related to you in order to help us personalize our marketing and other services to provide you with the best products and advice tailored to your pregnancy. We may share your personal information with our partners and service providers for marketing of new products and information to you based on where you are in your parenting journey.
• When you request our referral services to forward or share certain content with a friend, such as an e-mail inviting a friend to use the Services or sharing certain content from the Services with a friend.
• When we contract or partner with a third party to provide services on our behalf, for example, with companies who provide us with certain administrative services, as well as other partners who assist us in carrying out, developing and maintaining the Services.
• In connection with the sale of a business, including merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings.
• To enforce our Terms of Service or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our users and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our users and third parties, to comply with legal process, including judicial warrant, rule, order or subpoena or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law or regulation.
In addition, we may share anonymized and aggregated data sets with third parties, alone or in combination with anonymized information of other users.4. PUBLIC VENUES AND SEMI-PUBLIC VENUES OF THE SERVICES.
If you use a message board, comment function, conversation pages, blogs, social community environments, profile pages, or other public or semi-public venue or forums of the Services, you will be identified on those venues by the username you submit.5. YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
You have the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. These controls and choices include your right to:
• Correct, update and delete your registration account.
• Request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by modifying your profile or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain services to you, and some of our Services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact us at email@example.com. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
Our Services may contain links to other online platforms operated by third parties. We do not control such other online platforms and are not responsible for their content, their privacy policies, or their use of your personal information. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators except as disclosed on the Services.
Please keep in mind that personal information you post on public or semi-public venues, including personal information you share on third party social networking platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter) may also be viewable by other users of the Services and/or users of those third-party online platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. When you provide personal information to a third-party online platform, the personal information you provide may be separately collected by that third-party. The personal information the third-party online platform collects is subject to the third-party online platform’s privacy practices. Privacy choices you make on the third-party online platform will not apply to our use of the information we collect directly through our Services.
We expressly disclaim any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation to actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of personal information by third parties.7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Services are not directed to children who are under 13 years of age, and we do not seek or knowingly collect any personal information from them without obtaining consent from the child’s parent or guardian. To the extent you wish to enable your child to use the Services, you must create an account for the child in accordance with our Terms of Service and provide consent for us to collect such information from your child. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age without such consent, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. Please note, however, that we may provide services to a child without parental consent for the purposes of protecting the health or safety of that child. In such cases, we will use reasonable efforts to provide a parent with notice that the child has registered for our services.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has provided us with personal information, you may contact us to request it be deleted.8. SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION