About this Class
Led by a pediatric dietician, we’ll discuss baby-led weaning, and how and when to safely introduce solids to your baby
What You'll Learn
- + Benefits of baby-led weaning
- + Signs your baby is ready for solids
- + Tips for actually getting started
- + Best first foods and how much to give
- + And more
What you get
- + 1 hour online video class
- + Answers to questions from a Registered Dietitian
- + Class recording for anytime, anywhere video access
- + Discounted access to work privately with the instructor
- Baby-Led Weaning
- Welcome and Overview
- Class agenda: What will you learn?
- What is Baby-Led Weaning (BLW)?
- The Baby-Led Weaning Philosophy
- Why choose Baby-Led Weaning?
- The downsides to Baby-Led Weaning
- How does baby’s development impact feeding?
- Safety considerations: Choking and foods to avoid
- How to get started
- Tips for when and how to begin
- The first feeding: What to do!
- Best first foods for babies
- Fruits and veggies
- Are traditional baby foods okay?
- Tips and tricks for BLW
- Common questions and concerns
- How to handle common food allergies
- I already gave my baby purees! Is it too late?
- Vitamins and Supplements: Does my baby need them?
- What to do if your baby won’t eat anything