Welcome to Concord Family Network! CFN is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, volunteer-run group of local parents, based in Concord, Massachusetts working to connect, engage, and build community for local families with young children (birth-6 years). CFN organizes many opportunities for member parents and their families to socialize and have fun in a safe environment.
The primary benefit of being a member of the Concord Family Network is joining and supporting a group of local parents who, just like you, seek enjoyable activities for their children and want to meet other local families. Members connect with each other in three ways:
1. Online via our Tinyhood Forum. CFN uses Tinyhood as our online forum for announcing events and compiling RSVPS. In addition, members use the forum for advice and recommendations, to share local news/happenings, to sell or buy used items on Marketplace, and to learn more about local resources. Members can also join subgroups based on their children's ages; subgroups are more intimate and members can ask age related questions or arrange playground meetups.
2. Attending Events & Activities. Each gathering is an opportunity to make new acquaintances. Activities are open to all CFN members and are ideal for getting to know other local parents and kids. Events during the pandemic have included Trail Explorers Program, Guided Nature Walks, Holiday Family Scavenger Hunts in Downtown Concord and in West Concord, Art in the Park, Make and Take Art, Community Outreach Projects, outdoor Moms’ socials, virtual Moms’ and virtual Dads’ Nights, New to Town and “Feeling New” socials (outdoors and via Zoom), and speaker events on topics related to parenting, estate planning, children's health, and women’s health. Post pandemic, CFN will return to normal programing of in-person holiday events and other gatherings.
3. Working Together on Event Planning. CFN is a volunteer-run organization whose success depends upon the collective efforts of our membership. Our CFN Board, Committee Chairs, and Committee members meet monthly and plan creative and fun events for our organization. We welcome and encourage members to join in on the planning and be a part of an awesome community. Nothing compares to seeing your children and other families enjoy an event or an activity that you helped organize!
The cost of a family membership to Concord Family Network is $35/year. Registration and payment are completed through Tinyhood. (Note: If you select cash/check, please email our Treasurer, Kira Beaulac at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details). Once payment is received and confirmed by our treasurer, you will have access to our Tinyhood forum and our Event Calendar.
Rules & Guidelines
1. Feel free to post any questions, advice, recommendations or helpful information to the general forum, both parent/child related or other general topics (work-related, school-related, Concord-area, household, contractor, etc.).
2. The Events Page is reserved for CFN events only and is maintained by Board Members and Coordinators.
3. Event RSVPs are collected on the Events Page. We would like to avoid "no-shows," so please indicate your tentative attendance when RSVPing or cancel your RSVP at least 24 hours in advance. (You may also email the event coordinator.) To be placed on a waitlist for events that reach full capacity, please email the event coordinator.
4. Be respectful and communicative to fellow members.
> For in-person events, all members will be required to sign the Covid Waiver, Hold Harmless Agreement, and a Photography Agreement, listed below:
CONCORD FAMILY NETWORK COVID WAIVER:
In consideration of my participation in the foregoing CONCORD FAMILY NETWORK (aka CFN) event, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following:
• I am aware of the existence of the risk to me and any participating family members that may cause injury or illness such as, but not limited to Influenza, MRSA, or COVID-19 that may lead to paralysis or death.
• Neither my family nor I have not experienced symptoms of fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, dry cough, or any other symptoms relating to COVID-19 or any communicable disease within the last 14 days.
• I am fully and personally responsible for my own safety and the safety of my family during participation of this CFN event, and I recognize that we may be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
Following the pronouncements above I hereby declare the following:
• With full knowledge of the risks involved, I hereby release, waive, discharge CONCORD FAMILY NETWORK, its board, officers, independent contractors, affiliates, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity while in, on, or around the premises or while using the facilities that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19.
• I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the CFN from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, lawsuits, and/or liabilities or claims arising whether directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the released party due to injury, loss, or death from or related to COVID-19.
CONCORD FAMILY NETWORK HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT:
The undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
• I knowingly and freely assume any and all risk of injury that may result during my participation in any and all CONCORD FAMILY NETWORK events. I assume this risk on my own behalf and on behalf of attending family members.
• I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS, CONCORD FAMLY NETWORK, its officers, board members, officials, agents, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and owners or lessors of premises used to conduct the event (RELEASEES), from any and all claims whatsoever including disability and/or death, or loss or damage to person or property whether now known or arising in the future, and;
• I hereby certify that I have authority to enter this agreement on behalf of myself and any accompanying minor(s), and agree to be bound by all terms and conditions of this agreement.
• By signing below, I hereby certify that I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, and agree that I have assumed all personal risk for myself and attending family members; I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Concord Family Network and all Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my family’s participation in any and all CONCORD FAMILY NETWORK events.
CONCORD FAMILY NETWORK PHOTOGRAPHY AGREEMENT:
• I hereby certify that CONCORD FAMILY NETWORK may photograph me and my accompanying minor(s), and agree Concord Family Network may use any photographs on its website, Tinyhood forum, Facebook page, Instagram account and other marketing materials.